Current and upcoming projects include:
Voice and Body Exploration
October – November 2017
A chance to play with your voice
This Voice and Body Exploration series will be led by Susan Bamford Caleo. It is designed for people wanting to develop their voice and body awareness and to play with the expressive potential of their voice. The classes will
- include explorations through improvisation and gestural work with a particular focus on the work of Zygmunt Molik (Grotowski Theatre Laboratory) and the extended voice work developed by Alfred Wolfson and Roy Hart
- establish a shared practice with an emphasis on creating the potential for embodied vocal and physical choices and imaginative flight
- incorporate spoken and sung voice and may include monologues, poems or songs.
- offer the opportunity to establish a network for discussion and information sharing
Susan is an award winning performer and a teacher who is fascinated by the intrinsic connections between the voice and body. She has taught voice privately and at institutions including Federation University, St Martin’s Youth Arts Centre, Melbourne University, APS, Victoria University and the National Theatre. She has a Postgraduate Diploma in Voice Studies from the Victorian College of the Arts.
The series begins with a weekend workshop on 28-29 October 10am to 4pm and then you may continue over 4 weeks on Thursdays 7.00 to 9.30pm: November 2,9,16 and 23
The Body Voice Centre, 50 Wolverhampton St, Footscray
Weekend only: Concession $200, Full Price $250
Full series: Concession $360, Full Price $450
Bookings and inquiries:
(03) 9497 8098 or 0428 64 1515 or email@example.com
Places strictly limited
The Book of Eno (working title)
With Robert Stephens and Tom King
stand by for more info…
SOLD OUT season at La Mama
JUNE 28 – JULY 2
A duet in fragments. Vocalist and percussionist take up their positions. Susan and Elissa are facing a beast of their own wondrous creation. They plunge into the chaos and the comedy. Taking the monster by the tail, they get to work.
Given breath by the creations of others including Rainer Maria Rilke, Sharon Van Etten, Gyorgy Kurtag, Nina Simone and more, music and words are unleashed.
Created and performed by Susan Bamford Caleo and Elissa Goodrich
Provocateur and outside eye: Margaret Mills
Lighting design by Gina Gascoigne
Image by Daisy Noyes
Body, Voice, Improvisation: Weekend Workshop
A Weekend Workshop with Danielle Cresp and Susan Bamford Caleo
Dates: June 3 & 4, 2017
This workshop was directed towards:
* improvisation and voice practitioners who are interested in new ways of playing or in deepening their current artistic practise.
* physical and vocal performers who want to further integrate movement and voice and develop their on-stage presence.